Transition Northfield is proud to be the developer of the Northfield TimeBank (formerly Community Exchange), a unique tool for sharing skills, goods, and services with the members of your community.
To log in to the time bank, follow this link: http://transitionnorthfield.org/commex/index.php
Or to join: Request Membership
(If you haven’t yet, we suggest you read the information below before joining)
Read about it on Northfield Patch: Northfield Community Exchange Brings Barter Into the 21st Century
How Does The Time Bank Work?
- On the web site, members list services or homemade goods they are willing to give or receive.
- Members contact each other to arrange a service and agree on how many hours it is worth.
- The giver performs the service or provides the goods.
- On the web site, the receiver records the service, which credits the giver and debits the receiver for the agreed on number of hours.
- The web site keeps track of each member’s account balance (in hours).
- Everyone’s time is valued equally, no matter what service is performed or what goods are given.
If you have questions about this exchange, please email the system